Thursday 9th April
WALT: Retrieve and infer information from a text
Today we have found an interesting text for you to read about polar bears. There are some questions for you to answer afterwards. I have included a one, two and three star option.
Wednesday 8th April
WALT: Write a simile size poem.
Last week you were learning about measure in maths. I have attached a humorous poem about size to read. We would like you to write your own and illustrate it.
You can add adjectives to change yourself. You could also add in extra lines such as short and long.
We would love to see your poems. Submit them via the my work section on Purple Mash.
Tuesday 7th April
WALT: Write a letter
Today we would like you to write a letter or type an email to someone you haven't seen in a little while. Letters are a lovely way of keeping in contact and would be really appreciated by a family member or a friend. Below I have filmed a little clip to remind you of the features of a letter and what to include for our 'Year 2 Always Checklist.'
I have also created some borders for you if you wanted to print them and write your letter or you could open the word document to type it.
To show us your letters, you can submit them in the my work section in Purple Mash.
Monday 6th April
As the weather has begun to improve, we decided there was no better time to explore some spring poems. Below I have attached two spring poems for you to read and explore. Here are a few tasks you could do after you have read the poems.
You can choose to do one or more of the activities.
1) Here are some questions for you to think about whilst you read the poems:
* What part of the poem is your favourite?
* If you could change one part of the poem, which part would it be and why?
2) Learn the poem off by heart (without having the words in front of you) and perform it to your family. Look on Youtube for clips of Michael Rosen performing his poems - he is an expert at performance poetry.
3) Write the poem out in your neatest, cursive handwriting and decorate with a beautiful spring border.
We would love to see photos/videos of you completing some of the learning. You can add these to your 'My Work' section on Purple Mash.