Year 3 PE Challenge
6th January 2021
WALT – Make our hearts beat faster by designing our own fitness circuit
How to take part in the challenge…..
Below is a video link explaining the challenge:
To take part in the challenge you will need:
- Enough space to complete exercises comfortably
- A watch/timer
- Access to the internet to research some ideas
You will spend 60s completing each action. You can choose to have a rest period between exercises or go straight into the next exercise!
Stations 3, 4 and 5 = you can choose the remaining 3 activities. Here is some guidance:
- One activity must work your leg muscles, one must work your arm/shoulder muscles and one must work your core/stomach muscles
- You must actually be able to do the exercises/activities well! Do not choose activities that you can only perform badly as this risks injury.
- If in doubt, choose simple activities!
- When researching ideas, you want to find ‘bodyweight only’ moves. Do not try and use other objects
Decided how many rounds you will complete – off you go!
Repeat you circuit a day or two later. Change one of the following:
- Try to increase the time you spend on each exercise
- Try to decrease the rest in between each exercise
- Try to complete more repetitions of each exercise than the previous day each round