Friday 3rd April
WALT: Identify on a globe the equator, hemispheres and the tropics
For your task today we would like for you to draw the Earth and label these key parts:
Tropic of Cancer
Tropic of Capricorn
Use the powerpoint to help you and a picture has been attached so you can see an example.
Also there is a quiz you can complete below once you have finished your Earth labelling.
- What percentage of the worlds population live in the northern hemisphere?
- Which 2 continents are entirely in the northern hemisphere?
- What are the names of the two tropics?
- What is the name of the day that happens once a year in June?
- What percentage of water is in the Southern Hemisphere?
- Complete this sentence - when it is winter in the Southern Hemisphere it is _____________ in the northern Hemisphere.
- Which two continents are entirely in the Southern Hemisphere?
- True or False - There is no land in the North Pole?
- True or False - The South Pole is warmer than the North Pole?
- How many hours are day and night at the equator?
Challenge - Could you write some of your own quiz questions?