PE & Sport Grant funding, which is in addition to main school funding, is allocated by the DfE to improve the quality of PE and sporting activities offered to pupils.
Current Academic Year 2016-2017
The PE & Sport Funding for the current year is £10,255 and this is being spent in the following ways;
- Modelling HQ PE lessons – to ensure all teachers are confident when teaching PE
- PE Co-ordinator support – to help the PE Co-ordinator lead the subject successfully providing a strong lead for others
- CPD opportunities – so all staff are able to develop their ability in teaching the subject and also their subject knowledge is kept up to date
- Cover to release staff for CPD – as above
- Change 4 Life sports clubs – to give all children the opportunity to take part in many different sports they enjoy
- Sport competitions / increasing participation – giving all children the opportunity to represent the school and find a sport they enjoy
- Provision of places in After School Sports Clubs – providing activities that children may not get the chance to learn in school
The reports below relate to PE & Sports Funding allocations and expenditure for previous years.