In French, we offer our children:
• The confidence to speak with good intonation and pronunciation.
• Fluency in reading.
• Fluency and imagination in writing.
• A strong awareness of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken.
• A passion for languages and a commitment to the subject.
• The ability to use language creatively and spontaneously.
• An independence in their studies and the ability to draw upon a wide range of resources.
We love language learning at Middleton. In Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 we are lucky to be taught French by a specialist language teacher. We also have a dedicated classroom for our French lessons.
We are concentrating on spoken French but we are teaching the four skills (Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing) alongside each other.
At Middleton we believe that the earlier you begin to learn a language the better so, we begin in Key Stage One with tiny language tasters with the emphasis on fun!